Little Otter Swim School proudly provides year-round, small group instruction in our warm indoor swimming pool where parents can watch their children’s progress from the comfortable viewing gallery.
OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE QUALITY SWIM LESSONS IN A SAFE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT, TAUGHT BY CARING AND ENTHUSIASTIC TEACHERS. WHILE THE CHILDREN ARE LEARNING THEY ARE ALSO GAINING RESPECT AND LOVE FOR THE WATER.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT?
Little Otter Swim School provides Charlotte families with an alternative to “typical” swim lessons. We proudly provide year-round, small group instruction in our warm indoor swimming pool where parents can watch their children’s progress from the comfortable viewing gallery.
Our instructors are experienced caring professionals who have a passion for teaching swimming and water safety. Our state of the art pool sanitation system lets your child swim in a sparkling-clean pool without the chlorine effects of red eyes, itchy skin, green hair or sensitivity to chlorine in the air. We teach children in a manner that is respectful of their physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
1) Safety – Children must be able to trust their teacher before they can learn. Demonstrate behaviors that show children that you will always keep them safe and protected.
2) Love – Children must feel important and cared about before they can trust. Demonstrate behaviors that show children that you care about them.
3) Fun – Children learn through play. Play is important work for children. Keep the lessons fun, challenging and creative!
4) Love of Learning – Children who develop a love of learning have a skill that will be valuable throughout life. Provide an opportunity for children to experience and witness the excitement of accepting challenges, the thrill of overcoming obstacles, and the adventure of learning a new skill!
5) Developmentally Appropriate – Children learn best when they are taught in ways that are sensitive to their stage of development. All lessons are to be designed and taught according to what is socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively appropriate for each particular age group.
A typical Little Otter student takes 14-16 weeks to progress through one swim level. We always recommend a minimum commitment of two months to start to see real progression through the levels. Results can vary for each student, but this lets our parents know what they might experience at Little Otter. We do ask for a 30 day notice if you plan to withdraw your student from Little Otter.
No spaces are guaranteed until you register online and receive an email confirming that you have enrolled in a class, or you enroll at the swim school in-person. We do not have ‘sessions’, so classes are always going and you may start your child’s classes at any time that we have an opening that fits your schedule.
“WE LOVE LITTLE OTTER”
“Garrett wouldn’t get his head wet at all when we started. Mr. Jordan was awesome in getting Garrett to put his face under and he quickly progressed and now loves the pool!”