Welcome to CityShoppingPoint! We are a community of consumers, marketers, and business owners, here to share and discuss information about local businesses, places and events. These are a content guidelines that will help CityShoppingPoint be a source of quality information and a welcoming community.
Content Submission Guidelines
- Questions: Ask a specific question related to local businesses, places and events.
- Discussions: Start a discussion about an aspect of local businesses, places and events.
- Articles: Share existing content about local businesses, places and events on another site, via a link.
Content must be original content
- Articles must link to the original source, not a republished or syndicated copy.
- Spun content is not allowed.
- Please post a brief summary or introduction to the content. Don’t share a significant portion of a post in the description area, or share the content of an article as a discussion post.
- Additional submissions of existing content will be removed.
General Quality Guidelines
- Quality content that is accurate, current, and offers readers something new.
We are not looking for the following:
x Basic information found in existing documentation (such as how to install WordPress or Google Webmaster Guidelines).
x Basic lists of items (such as themes or plugins) without additional insight from the author.
x Outdated or inaccurate information.
- English content only. We are only accepting English language in any section of the site.
- Content from a variety of sources, not just one domain, one company, or one author. CityShoppingPoint is also for conversations, not just another place to leave a link after publishing. Please share no more than 50% of your own/your company’s content.
- A specific piece of actionable content, available in full at that URL.
The following are not acceptable:
x Sales pitches
x Lead generation
x Home or category pages
x Event announcements or signups:
— An announcement of a webinar isn’t OK
— Posting a link to a recording of the webinar after it happened is OK
x Press releases
x Gated Content:
— Content submitted should not require an email address, tweet, or other form of signup to be viewed
x URL shorteners
x URL tracking parameters
x Affiliate links
- Content related to local businesses, places and events. We’re not looking for posts that are strictly management, technology, human resources, or productivity related (for example).
NOT OK: A new restaurant serve your order too long, shame on them.
OK: A new restaurant provides some extra service for free (in their promotional period) which might contribute to longer serve time than usual. Still it’s not recommended for the moment.
NOT OK: How to install a specific CMS.
OK: How to perform a/b tests for conversion optimization with a specific CMS.
- Be transparent in comments and submissions.
DO: Mention if you have a relationship with a product or person. “I’m the founder of Company ABC, and I think we could solve your problem. Let me know if you have any questions.”
DON’T: Pretend you’re a random person if you do have an affiliation.
“Company ABC does what you’re looking for”.
- Use links only when relevant. Unrelated links in comments or submissions may be removed.
- No voting rings. Please don’t have everyone in your company vote for every listing or photo you submit, or ask for votes in other channels. If the content is great, people will find it and upvote it. If the votes are suspicious, administrators can adjust upvotes and remove the content from being featured.
- CityShoppingPoint is for discussing local businesses, places and events. This is not a place to attack or shame people or companies.
- One account per person, and do not impersonate another person or company.
- If your first action on the site is spammy, we will be quick to ban you. Otherwise, we will give you warnings and ask that you not continue your behavior.
- Profiles should be professional and not spammy.